Thursday, May 19, 2016

5 years later

It is hard for me to believe that is has been nearly 5 years since I last posted on this blog. Since my last post, I have been granted tenure and promotion (yay!), graduated my first set of students (yay!), fired my first student (boo!), and taken a sabbatical (yay!). Mostly good things, happily.

I strongly admire those who can continue regular blogging in the late stages before submitting a tenure dossier. I know that I couldn't. Now that I am in a more stable position, I am re-evaluating how I allocate my time. I find I miss blogging--the venting was fun, as was the pontificating. I miss the conversations with my commenters (alas, scattered to the wind now). But mostly blogging is for me, really. It helps me organize my thoughts a bit, and lets me write in a low pressure, low stakes setting.

So I guess I am back for now. I'll be sending off my 2 cents into the void again. Thoughts on the final run-up to tenure to come.

4 comments:

Odyssey said...

Welcome back! And congrats on the promotion/tenure!!!!!!!

Prodigal Academic said...

Thanks! Glad to be back, and especially with tenure! It took a while to remember how I reply in my web setup, but it is all coming back to me...

xykademiqz said...

Welcome back, Prodigal! Great to have you around again. Congrats on tenure!

Funny Researcher said...

Welcome back ! We missed you :)